Physical therapists (PTs) are experts in the art and science of the evaluation and treatment of human movement dysfunctions. We care for people of all ages and treat a variety of muscle, joint and neurological conditions.
Conditions we have successfully treated:
- Hip Pain
- Groin Strain
- Trochanteric Bursitis
- Post Surgical Hip Replacement
What are my treatment options?
- Epidural Injections
- Physical Therapy*
Advantages of Physical Therapy:
- No side effects.
- Supported by clinical research.*
- Customized to treat the underlying cause.
- Your Recovery Process:
- Pain Relief
- Recovery of Any Lost Hip Range of Motion
- Increased Strength
- Recovery of Walking and Functional Skills
- Independent Care
Components of Your Care:
- A thorough biomechanical evaluation.
- Extensive patient education.
- A customized treatment plan.
- Gentle hands-on techniques to relax the muscles.
- Effective joint mobilization techniques to decrease stiffness.
- Pain-relieving modalities such as ice, heat, ultrasound or electrical stimulation.
- Targeted stretching for tight muscles.
- Walking, stair climbing, sit-to-stand retraining.
- Balance exercises.
Everyone is different. You may require one or two visits, or an extended care plan over several weeks or months. If you’re ready for relief, and tired of “masking” your pain, treat the cause, not just the symptoms!
Treatments for Hip Pain
Click the <PLAY> buttons in the square below to see videos of some treatments for hip pain. To see other videos, hover over the videos below and click the left and right navigation arrows that appear.
Visit our Medical Library for more information on hip pain.
* Cited from the academic journal, Physical Therapy, 2005, pp. 907 – 971.