Why Do You Need Physical Therapy After an Auto Injury?
- Physical therapy helps to decrease pain and increase the mobility of an injured person. Physical therapy is the primary method for repair and strengthening of damaged tissue. Physical Therapy Treatment can help to control pain, decrease swelling and can help begin tissue repair process. Physical therapy is beneficial in helping you return to full function.
- Some of the more commonly sustained injuries during auto accident include whiplash, neck & shoulders pain, headache, back pain and injures to knees and other extremities.
- Sometime after an auto accident, there is no visible injury and there is minimal pain, however symptoms can show up after few days or some times months.
- Injuries sustained after a car accident if left untreated can lead to spinal degeneration and a host of other problems for years to come
Physical therapist at Performance Rehab will create a customized therapy plan for you to improve function and to assist you in returning back to your normal functional status as soon as possible.
Important Things to Remember:
- Seek treatment as soon as possible.
- Most Auto Insurance companies have what is called Med Pay or PIP (Personal Injury Protection). This means you are covered 100%, with no-out-of-pocket expense up to a certain limit. Our office can check into that for you.
- Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult after an auto accident. Hiring a reputable Attorney essentially takes you out of the direct bargaining process with the insurance company and all the paperwork & phone calls associated with that process, and allows you to concentrate on healing.
THE INJURIES SUSTAINED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT CAN CAUSE A HOST OF PROBLEMS FOR YEARS TO COME, OR EVEN THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO COME IN AND GET CHECKED.